Mission Statement and History
The Student Assistance Services Corporation (SAS) was formed in 1985. Its core program, the Student Assistance Program was spun off from the Westchester County Department of Community Mental Health. Since that time, SAS has been providing substance abuse prevention and early intervention services, programming, and training in schools, residential facilities, and communities in Westchester County and neighboring areas. SAS has touched the lives of thousands, working with students, parents, teachers, human service professionals, community leaders, health care providers, business people and clergy.
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Copyright 2011 Student Assistance Services Corporation All Rights Reserved
Currently, SAS operates numerous programs including:
- Project SUCCESS (substance prevention in middle and high schools)
- Residential Student Assistance Program
- Planned Intervention Program to assist families in getting adolescents & young adults under the age of 21 into treatment
- Parenting Program (on substance abuse and bullying prevention)
- Employee Assistance Program (for non-profit agencies)
- Olweus Bullying Prevention Program & Consultation (for schools)
- The ROADD (Reduce Our Adolescent Drinking Drugging and Driving) Program for high school students
- Technical Assistance To Community Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention Coalitions
- Substance Abuse Awareness Program (for court-ordered youth who violate the alcohol and drug possession laws)
- Training for Professionals (on substance abuse and bullying prevention) Including Social Work Continuing Education
You Can Help
Student Assistance Services (SAS) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation registered with the NY State Office of Charities Registration Bureau, and licensed by the NY State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services. We receive grants and funding from diverse sources including private foundations, corporations, individuals, school districts and local, state and federal government agencies. SAS provides substance abuse prevention and early intervention services, bullying prevention programming, and training in schools & communities primarily in Westchester County, NY. Consultation and training is done nationally. SAS prevention activities include: education, peer leadership, and counseling for adolescents at schools; bullying prevention training and consultation for schools; impaired driving prevention programs for high school students; education and consultation for parents; and consultation and evaluation for community substance abuse prevention coalitions. We welcome your support. You can help by getting involved with any of our upcoming special events. We also welcome your donations. Since we are a charitable organization, donations are deductible to the full extent allowed by law. You can target your gift to a specific program or wherever it is needed most. Donations should be made payable to Student Assistance Services Foundation and mailed to 660 White Plains Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591. Please call Ralph Pasacrita at (914) 332-1300 for additional information.
For a listing of our staff and the schools that we serve
To make a donation by mail:
Student Assistance Services
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, New York 10591
We will send you an acknowledgement of your donation!